Monday, August 19, 2013

Jealous For You

This post may seem a little off subject from Brody or adoption, but ultimately it can still relate in its own way.  We will get to that at the end.

Lately, I have known several people who have either passed away or been close to people who have had loved ones pass away.  Some of them, it is just known they are in heaven.  Others, only God knows, and we are unsure. And then, sadly, there are some who openly denounced God, and were not saved.  It has been a very sad journey.

I think as Christians, especially when we are "going strong" in our walk with Christ, have a tendency to, even if not on purpose, feel superior to those who aren't saved or are "struggling" more than we are in our walk with Christ.  After the past few months, I have been able to identify this in myself.  I have had to repent of it, and make myself aware of it so it doesn't happen again.  Now, I am jealous FOR those people.  

Seeing unbelievers grieve is one of the hardest things I have ever had to watch.  Knowing they have to get through their difficult journey's without Christ is heart-breaking.  Seeing saved people mourn those who were not saved and are gone is also just devastating.  

Looking at the world around me, along with the recent deaths that have occurred, serves as a wake-up call.  So many people who surround us are deceived on a daily basis into thinking they are whole and complete and happy and ok.  And we just allow this to happen.  We have got to stand together, grow bold, and make a difference in our environments.  This world is getting sadder and sadder.  People need hope, and we know what that is, and we just keep it to ourselves.  That's not the way it's supposed to be.

How does this relate to Brody?  As the world gets progressively worse, I pray that he has the boldness to stand up for Christ.  I pray that he isn't afraid to tell others about God.  I pray that he doesn't become deceived by the enemy.  Future generations are going to have be stronger and braver than the ones before them.  That's how it affects him.  

Let's start the fight for them.  Let's put on the armor of God and go to battle everyday for our Savior.  Otherwise, what's the point of this life?

No comments:

Post a Comment